Welcome to Nursery's page!
Hello and welcome to our page. Throughout the year we will put information and pictures about what Nursery have been learning.
We are so excited for your child to become part of our class and we can't wait to get to know them all. Below, there are some pictures of our classroom and a link to a video to show you what it looks like.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my very best to help.
We look forward to meeting you on zoom and welcoming you into the classroom.
Mrs Pentith and Miss Mealor
The Nursery Classroom
Here is the link to watch the Nursery virtual tour - https://youtu.be/t120PCNl1t8
We hope you like it and can see something that your are excited to explore!
At home play ideas
It is a well known fact that children love to play. What is lesser known, is that whilst children are playing they are learning!
Try some of these fun games and activities to help your little one learn whilst playing.
- I spy - can you find something green etc. This helps listening, colour recognition and thinking skills.
- Scavenger Hunts - can you find 5 blue things/3 bumpy things/4 things that roll? This helps with vocabulary, counting, concentration and persistence.
- Kim's Game - put a selection of objects out, cover them and take one away. Can they tell you which is missing? This game is great for memory, concentration and communication.
- Baking and Cooking - bake a cake or cook some lunch together. This is great for listening to instructions, measuring, gross and fine motor skills, safety in the kitchen and learning about what happens to food as it is cooked.
- Dancing and Singing - play different music and dance along any way you like! This is fantastic for imagination, physical development, performance skills and rhythm.
- Painting, Drawing and Junk Modelling - This is a great way to explore colour mixing, build your imagination and work on concentration, persistence, fine motor skills and communcation.
- Nursery Rhymes - sing a variety of rhymes together and even and some instruments. This is ideal to help vocabulary, creativity, listening and musicality.
- Stories - share a good book. Can they tell you what has happened/what is next? Reading is so important and it develops listening, understanding, vocabulary and imagination.
There are also a number of websites that have lots of educational and fun games to play or videos to watch.
- Phonics Play - Phase 1 section is perfect for Nursery children who are learning about sounds (which is what they need to know before they start reading); https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/Phase1Menu.htm
- Topmarks - Has lots of fantastic maths games, such as; shape monsters, Teddy numbers, ladybird spots; https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Search.aspx?Subject=37
- CBeebies- There are lots of show to watch that help children learn about feelings, numbers, phonics, the world, cultures. sharing, and problems solving.
- YouTube - Cosmic Kids Yoga is great for a little relaxing time whilst Just Dance is perfect for those times where they need to let off a little energy.
Our YouTube Channel - Firs Primary EYFS
All of our videos are now available on our YouTube channel. You can search 'Firs Primary EYFS' or click this link to find them.
Keep checking it for new videos
How to say the sounds just like us!
The order of the sounds in the video are as follows...
s a t p i n d m g o c k ck e u r h b f ff l ll le ss