The Morning Routine for Every Class
Each morning the staff at Firs complete a morning routine. The purpose of the morning routine is to connect with each child individually and create a sense of belonging within the class. It is the responsibility of all teachers to ensure that the morning routine is implemented daily. The morning routine consists of the following activities:
- Meet and Greet - Children are greeted at the classroom door in a way of their choice from a high five to a fist bump.
- Emotion/Feelings Check In – Children are encouraged to number how they are feeling as they come in to the classroom. The moment you name and acknowledge a feeling that you have you reduce its intensity.
- Visual timetable – All classrooms have visual timetables displayed. The more consistent and clearly represented your daily routines are, the more safely, smoothly and cooperatively your classroom will run.
- 'Unite' Activity – Each class completes an activity together, this could be a dance or a song. They bring us all together. If you feel like you belong, you feel safe.
- Breathing – Each class takes part in breathing exercises. These techniques help us to disengage our stress response.
The morning routine is an integral part of our Regulation Policy and helps the children at Firs to feel safe, develop positive relationships with others and to feel a sense of belonging.
Please click on the class name below for more information about your child's class: